Thursday 25 August 2011

Chapter 2


Wanted to do everything but could only get The Clark in.
Of course, everybody looked like us and older.  Walking slightly stooped and swaying from side to side.  Who else has the time?
Bought tapes.  Fabulous exhibit. Would like to come back but I doubt it.  
It was mobbed because the exhibit had been featured on the front page of the New York Times.  So, the fabulous and the oh-so cuhl-chuld were there.  Then there was Dad and me.
Got some food -- again by sheer lucky fumbling .... put my finger on a restaurant so the GPS would get us there....haven't figured out how to get to only a city -- and the food was great and I had the best shrimps in history.  And a caeser with 'white anchovies' .... more New York stuff....
Got to Franklin around 7 and checked in and went out to the Outlet Mall near here.
Did not want to go to a restaurant and I remembered there was a 'grocery store' near here.  Went and it was a Costco but called BJ's.  I have never seen such sizes in my life.  I wanted small containers of tuna with a pop tab and had to buy it in bulk.  That was okay but then I saw cans of tuna that were bigger than my head!  We took pictures.
This country does not have to worry themselves with economic death; they will drop dead collectively of obesity!
Tomorrow we head off to the Cape -- but will try and get in some shopping.  Can't check in until 3:00 anyway.
Kisses and hugs.
B & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment