Monday 29 August 2011

Part II: Life With Dad

R has had hearing loss since she was 50.  She's been tutoring dad on the pros and cons of hearing aids.  He is convinced, as he was before, that these contraptions are not for him.
This morning, she came over to say hello, before going to the beach.
When she left, dad turned to me, in the car, and said, "She really has profound hearing loss...."  I pointed out to him that I often have to repeat myself with him.  His answer, "What did you say, honey?"
Later in the morning, while walking, I remarked, "My legs are sore." His answer:  "You can go into any store you want." ...... 

Otherwise, we had a great time.  Dad bought a whole bunch of stuff -- in a store that sells Tilley Hats!  Coincidence?
He also bought a walking stick and promised me he would not lean on me anymore when we walk in the mall.
Came home and ate from our provisions in the fridge.  It was so nice not having to eat in a restaurant.  It does get so tiring --- oh, booh hooh for me .....

Now, we have to decide who tells R & R that we're not joining them for dinner.
Dad has been less goofy.  He doesn't ask the cashier if it's okay to use a Canadian Visa.  But he still sings when he goes into a store.
I was rootling around in  back of one of the town establishments on Main Street -- (every single city along Cape Cod Bay has a Main Street)  -- and 'somebody' opened the front door to peek inside -- singing.
Of course, everybody turned around to see who it was.  I confessed that it was my husband and that I had to go.
Out on the street, he said that the proprietess of the book store had thanked him for the concert.
Life with Dad.

There is only one thing wrong with a beach.  The sand.  Why can't they build a boardwalk on every beach?  There is sand everywhere.  In my hair, my bathing suit and other places which I would mention but I know would come under the heading of 'Too-Much-Information'. 

Right now we're trying to figure out how to use the long-distance card.  We're such klutzes.  Of course, R was the one who told us to buy one, instead of paying the roaming charges.

Later that day -- we figured everything out.  We went grocery shopping again and started discussing shabbos ... we're not very good on vacations.
We'll discuss that with you when we return....
Layla tov.
B & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment